what kind of grass is this?

corvairbob

Threads
He's in Michigan. Should not be St. Aug or Bermuda. I think it's a combination of crabgrass and goosegrass. They grow from seed every year. Goosegrass is a really nasty weed grass, with a prostrate growth habit, radiating out from a light colored center. Best to dig it up with a dandelion digging fork. Raising the mowing height helps to control it, or you can carefully spray the center of the clump with glyphosate mix, then pull it out more easily a couple weeks later.

thanks i do not know for sure but like i said earlier it is growing good and i have a bumper crop. hope the price does not fall out of the market. thanks for the help

MowerMark

Threads
i did upload a side view but now i don't see it i will get one uploaded. i can't see any purple in the grass but i will ask the wife if she sees any. i can't see the colors well. it just looks brighter to me. and the grass is real small. thanks bp.View attachment 39644

Tenacity® will take care of it.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks like good ol' crabgrass to me............

MowerMark

Threads

JosephDuncan

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have this grass taking over my yard. i grows so low that i do not need to mow it. it is a light shade of green broad leaf and looks like the pictures. feels good walking on it. my research is telling me it may be some type of carpet grass. i can see my original grass in it still but this grass is really getting thicker. i posted 4 pictures from around the yard hope you can see the difference. providing they show up.View attachment 39526View attachment 39527View attachment 39528View attachment 39529

I found a pic common types of grass. hope it helps!!

https://www.google.com/search?biw=13...imgrc=RwDXL2wIwbo8nM:

best-types-of-grass-to-plant.jpg