Husgavarna 2148. Transaxle

brc

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husgavarna 2148 with a Peerless 2000 006A hydrostatic transaxle that I have a couple of questions about.
I changed the transaxle a little over a year ago when the original one took a dump. As soon as I installed the new transaxle ( used, but new to me ) I noticed the top speed was not even close to the old transaxle. The one I installed seems to work fine, other than the typical noise from a hydrostatic transaxle. Has any one tried to change the pulley to a larger size, and if so, which pulley was used. It is an older Husgavarna, but in great shape. I turned it into a
“rat rod” mower with wide white wall tires, satin black paint, custom steering wheel, and even painted flames on the hood.
But even without these mods. the mower runs great, but now just does not have the speed as before.
Any help or tips would really be appreciated, brc

brc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the tips, advise, but I am not trying to turn it into a racing mower or any thing like that. If I could just get it back to where it was originally, that would be great.
The mower runs and cuts great, it just does not have the speed as the original transaxle had.
But I appreciate the advise.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have maybe the same hydro. Mine has a 4" pulley. I think you'd want a smaller pulley on the trans to get the speed up, or put on some larger rear wheels. Not sure but normally a hydraulic pump will pump pressure to a certain point and then bypass the oil so if you're getting full pressure spinning the pump faster won't make much difference. Might try bypassing the governor on the motor an rev it up more, see if it does help the ground speed.

brc

Forum Newbie
Threads
You are correct, I should have said smaller pulley at the rear. Mine also has the 4” pulley on the transaxle. Really did not want to mess with the governor as I still use the mower for my yards, and with the electric PTO, not sure how I could swap that pulley to the larger size. Would be great if I could just swap out the hydrostatic transaxle to a 6 speed.
Thanks