Comparison Trying to decide on ZTR mowers could use some good input

duane122000

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Trying to decide on ZTR mowers could use some good input
I am in the market for my first ZTR mower. I am now using a Husqvarna/Sears craftsman lawn tractor and hate it due to ride and speed and mow quality. I have been researching and almost ready to pull the trigger on one of these 2 mowers and was looking for some guidance. 1st one is a used 2016 Snapper Pro S200xt 61" deck with 27hp Kohler and it only has 6 hrs on it and as it should with that few of hrs it looks and runs brand new. I have driven and checked it but have not actually mowed with it but I believe I can pick it up in the $5200 to $5500 range. The other is a new 2018 Dixie Chopper Magnum 2450 50" deck with a 24 hp Kawasaki with and out the door price of around $5800. I am mowing a little less than 2 acres about once a week. I only have 1 tree and about 600' of fence to mow around but am afraid the 61" may be a larger deck than needed but like the fact that the Snapper Pro is a true commercial unit that will probably last the rest of my life but also like most of the reviews I have found on the DC. Looking for input. Thanks in advance for any given

Also if I decide on DC then Kawasaki or Kohler?

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most people according to the sales people I have talked to always regret the size of the deck. If your property will allow a 60" deck then buy one. Maneuvering one is no different than a 50" deck.

duane122000

Forum Newbie
Threads
ok with that being said I can buy the 60" DC for about $200 more than the 50" putting it about $400 more overall of the Snapper pro. So which do you think on that scenario? The 60" DC is a 2017 model as opposed to the 50" DC is a 2018.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Both the machines you are looking at are good machines it's really a toss-up. Pick the one that you like the best.