Engine kawasaki fc540 engine swap

Bskelton0907

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone first time poster here..I have john deere l130 with a tranny that is on its last leg..Im not wanting to rebuilt or upgrade the transmission for the price they want but my engine is still solid..its a kawasaki fc540 engine and I'm getting my hands on a mtd yard machine 46 inch mower that has a bad engine..my questions is are these two compatible? With crank size and what not? The mtd was equipped with a 20 or 22 hp engine I cant remember but the saki is a 17 hp..any help would be appreciated thank you

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Rule of thumb is domestic lawn tractors have 1" pto shafts and commercial ones have 1.125" shafts
So the engine should fit.
Wiring them up will be a pain so before you pll the new engine out, follow the wires & label them so you will know haw to hook them up together.
In particular check the alternatos & rectifiers ( if there ) which is where most come unstuck.

Bskelton0907

Forum Newbie
Threads
Rule of thumb is domestic lawn tractors have 1" pto shafts and commercial ones have 1.125" shafts
So the engine should fit.
Wiring them up will be a pain so before you pll the new engine out, follow the wires & label them so you will know haw to hook them up together.
In particular check the alternatos & rectifiers ( if there ) which is where most come unstuck.

Thank you very much for the info. I most likely will need some one
more advanced with wires to do the wiring for me