Oil Pressure Sensor - Briggs

Shay

Threads
Sorry if this has been ask before. I just bought a XR950 Briggs & Stratton engine to replace the 6 HP Tecumseh engine on my old Troy built tiller. Word has it the the oil pressure sensor needs to be disabled via the wiring. Can someone please advise the best way to do this?

Thank you.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To my knowledge there is no sensor on a RX950 engine.

Shay

Threads
To my knowledge there is no sensor on a RX950 engine.

Hi Rivets,

You're probably right, as the Briggs Model should have been XR950. The shop I bought the motor from pointed out the sensor and the probable need to disable it.

Connected to the sensor are one yellow wire, one black wire and there is a second black wire that is not connected to anything.

Any ideas now, after I got my info correct?

Thank you.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did some digging and found some XR950 (my fingers typed wrong model in first post) engine came with an oil sensor and some without. Really don’t know why you would want to disable it, as it does nothing but protect your engine.

Shay

Threads
Hi Rivets,

Just based on what I've read on several sites, the sensor will cause the engine to shut off in tiller service. I installed this engine on my old Troy Built.

I appreciate your concerns about oil; but, I'm anal when it comes to grease and oil. Would rather have a machine look like a large glob of grease than a museum piece.

Thanks for your input.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have been following this thread, and most of the time it doesn't effect running of the engine on the tiller, but the level has to been kept at the full mark when checked with the engine level not at the normal resting angle of the tiller which is the way a lot of people like to check the oil. If it becomes a problem you should be able to just unplug the wires from the block sensor.