Toro Engine Question

Gsnod

Threads
Hello;

I have a Toro 20331 mower (this is the front wheel drive model) that has a bad engine, which I need to replace. The engine that came off of it is a B&S Model #: 124T02-0203-B1; Serial 08091156.

What I'd like to do is find a used engine to swap onto the mower. Does anyone know whether I have to have an exact B&S match, or can I simply use any engine that the shaft and blade/belt adapter fit onto?

Thanks much.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please post the serial number for your mower so I can see the exact engine you are replacing.

Gsnod

Threads
Thanks Rivets -- the model is 20331 and the serial number of the mower is 290051695. I'm not interested in putting on a new engine, so I'm trying to find a used replacement. I guess my main question is do I need to find the same model number mower to pull an engine off of?

Please post the serial number for your mower so I can see the exact engine you are replacing.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Didn’t ask for the number to find you a new replacement. Just needed to know which engine you had and after I looked it up you can use as you thought any engine with the same crank size. I suggest staying with Briggs, but that is your choice. Lots of those engines around.

Gsnod

Threads
Understand. Sorry -- I didn't mean to be snarky.