looking to get a new 900D grasshopper

1mstrb

Threads
Hello and good day to you
I'm at that 4 year mark on my 725Dt6 time get a new mower I have been looking at the 900D with a rear discharge deck
is there some out there that are in use?? are they worth the money?? is seems to be a very nice commercial mower
Just looking for some Info on mower weather good or bad.
thanks for your time
Donnie

Threads
1mstrb glad to hear you own a Grasshopper! I am a Grasshopper dealer and get this question a lot. I always ask the question of, what size deck are you wanting to run? 61" or 72"? If your just wanting a 61" then stay with the 725D and save the $2-$3k. If your wanting to run the 72" deck then yes I think you should consider the 900D, however a rear discharge deck takes less power to run than a side discharge. Most manufacturers says that it takes 20% less power for the rear discharge. I only say this as I have several customers that opted to save the $3k and put a 72" rear discharge deck on a 725D and love it. Mind you, one customer is mowing 45 acres weekly. If you were asking about a side discharge deck my answer would be the 900D hands down. So it basically comes down to whether or not you want the baddest mower on the market or its little brother!! Haha have a great day and I'm sure whatever mower you decide to buy you will love!!

1mstrb

Threads
Hello and good day to you
I'm at that 4 year mark on my 725Dt6 time get a new mower I have been looking at the 900D with a rear discharge deck
is there some out there that are in use?? are they worth the money?? is seems to be a very nice commercial mower
Just looking for some Info on mower weather good or bad.
thanks for your time
Donnie

hello it is a update to my thread I ordered a 900D with a rear discharge and I love it
yes it is one bad machine I really like the smooth ride 24 inch wheels seem to soften the ride
machine is very quiet .very good on the fuel consumption .plenty of torque cut tall grass like a champ
I happen to care for 5 cemeteries and 70 yards many take 2.5 to 3 hrs each. This mower is a winner in my book
My 928D 2002 has 3600 hrs on it and still runs great now with the rear discharge it is one bad machine
thanks
Donnie