New to this forum, Husqvarna problem...

MTGunner

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings all, I am located in NW MT. I have been mowing my 5 acres for 15 seasons with my Husqvarna YTH2148B 3 blade 48” cut model. Have had to install new mandrel assembly to find that my adjustment is gone. There are two belts on this three blade model. Have ordered, and received, a new belt that is 82” in length. Is this the drive belt from the engine pulley to the mower deck. Seems that all my adjustment is gone with old belt. Plus, where can I find the repair manual for this old model. Thank you all in advance for any and all information. MTG

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
First, from what I can tell your belts are not adjustable. The idler pulleys with springs tension them. Second, Husqvarna does not make repair manuals.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Belts do not stretch much, they wear thin so go loose on the V shaped pulleys so measure the new ones against the old ones.
No service manuals for your mower that I know of.

MTGunner

Forum Newbie
Threads
After much research I have found that there that are two different belts, one for primary, one for secondary. Each is a different length but have not found what the original length should be. I found a manual on manuals.com that lists part numbers and shows exploded views of the entire mower albeit no tutorial repair details. This I can figure myself. I would indeed like to know what the lengths of each belt, new, should be. MTG

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
After much research I have found that there that are two different belts, one for primary, one for secondary. Each is a different length but have not found what the original length should be. I found a manual on manuals.com that lists part numbers and shows exploded views of the entire mower albeit no tutorial repair details. This I can figure myself. I would indeed like to know what the lengths of each belt, new, should be. MTG

Put your part numbers into this page https://www.gates.com/us/en/ymm/search/landing/interchange which will bring up the exact equivalent in Gates then use the hot link on the gates number to pull the belt dimensions off the Gates catalogue.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Post deleted, no longer needed.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
thanks,
Fixed the original post.

We were looking at this mower a little while back from memory