It has been a year

Led 67

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well last year I was at work and found an abandoned mower I first checked it out for fuel and oil both of which were present I then slowly pulled the starter rope and it started easily I took the mower home and waited for 90 days and nobody claimed it so I started using it.
Fast forward to this year I did my spring maintenance and the mower would clatter and smoke at first start so I started checking thing out and finally got to the head which I normally leave alone but I decided to check the head bolts and found the exhaust side was very loose so I went through all the bolts and made sure they were all tight. The mower now starts without the clatter and smoke that previously annoyed me.
Now onward to procuring a grass catcher frame and bag as well as grass chute and front wheels since the ones on it are wore almost bald

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:thumbsup:

Do your maintenance at the end of the season and in particular change the oil so it sits over winter with clean oil in the sump.
If it has a fuel tap, turn it off and run the carb dry.
If not get one & fit it.
Some like to remove the blower housing to stop things nesting in there.
Thus in the new year it is just fuel and go mow.

Led 67

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for the info Lawn King my own habit is to do a put up maintenance which is to change the oil, run the carb dry, remove and clean the spark plug, sharpen the blade with a light coat of paint, thorough cleanup of engine and deck with touch up paint where necessary then park it in my shed with both access doors propped open

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't forget the coat of wax, I do mine, & at 4 years old in August, it could still park next to new ones & almost pass for brand new. :thumbsup: