Repairs Pump or Wheel Motor

Glyn Robinson

Threads
Left side of my 2004 Laser Z is down to a slow roll. any advice on bench testing the pump and what are the pressures suppose to be? It's not getting air into the system. I ran a magnet into the oil tank and got very small amounts of metal. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Luffydog

Threads
There is what they call a flow meter most of the pumps should start at like zero if bad and when they are good they will have pressure soon as you start the engine with the flow meter installed but as you increase the rpm and turn the valve on the flow meter it will increase the flow pressure and then let's say you get to the rpm and you 10 gallons of flow per minute then you increase the valve pressure on the flow meter there should not be any more than 4 gallons per minute of loss. So if you have 10 and it drops to 6 that is and is bored line bad or is bad. Now let's say u have 10 and it drops 8 that is 2 of loss and should be good. If you have 10 and it drops out to zero or a -# of flow that is 100% a shot pump. But if it passes the flow test I would have to say it's the wheel motor. Now you say you have metal in your tank with that said fine pieces will pass with no harm. If it sticks to magnet pump if it is brass of gold color wheel motor. Also might want to check the hub and make sure you haven't sheared the key and just spinning and losing power to the wheel.