:John deer with kawasaki engine starter does not hit fltwheel

RickMoore

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / :John deer with kawasaki engine starter does not hit fltwheel
changed solenoid check the starter every thing works fine put it back on still will not engage the flywheel to turn the engine

Boit4852

Threads
changed solenoid check the starter every thing works fine put it back on still will not engage the flywheel to turn the engine

You changed the solenoid\bendix on the starter motor? A little punctuation will help in your description. I assume that once you turn the key to 'start', the starter motor free spins. Is that correct? If that's the case, the starter motor shaft is not moving the shaft/gear forward and not engaging the pinion gear against the flywheel gear teeth. I'm lucky enough to have a shop nearby that specializes in rebuilding starters. He rebuilt my starter motor 4 years ago and it's been the most reliable starter motor since. The stock starter motor kept failing frequently so this guy has been a savior. He knows what he's doing and takes pride in his work. I was quite frustrated that the starter motor from Kawasaki and subsequent replacements kept failing. For those of you who believe that the manufacturer knows best, wake up! Profit rules.

RickMoore

Forum Newbie
Threads
You changed the solenoid\bendix on the starter motor? A little punctuation will help in your description. I assume that once you turn the key to 'start', the starter motor free spins. Is that correct? If that's the case, the starter motor shaft is not moving the shaft/gear forward and not engaging the pinion gear against the flywheel gear teeth. I'm lucky enough to have a shop nearby that specializes in rebuilding starters. He rebuilt my starter motor 4 years ago and it's been the most reliable starter motor since. The stock starter motor kept failing frequently so this guy has been a savior. He knows what he's doing and takes pride in his work. I was quite frustrated that the starter motor from Kawasaki and subsequent replacements kept failing. For those of you who believe that the manufacturer knows best, wake up! Profit rules.

I took the starter off it is working fine when I jump it on the bench. It comes out like it should comes to the top like it suppose to. Put it back on I can hear it come up but not hitting the flywheel.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I took the starter off it is working fine when I jump it on the bench. It comes out like it should comes to the top like it suppose to. Put it back on I can hear it come up but not hitting the flywheel.

There is a washer, clip and spring with the gear...are all the parts there?

Boit4852

Threads

What sound do you hear when you try to start the engine? What does the starter motor sound like when it spins? Any grinding noise?From what I'm reading, it just spins freely with no sound or feel that it has a load.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
What sound do you hear when you try to start the engine? What does the starter motor sound like when it spins? Any grinding noise?From what I'm reading, it just spins freely with no sound or feel that it has a load.

Elvis has left the building....

Luffydog

Threads
Just got back from there aloha and he is doing well. The girls loved his solo gig. All was good until he got topless. :laughing:

Boit4852

Threads
Just got back from there aloha and he is doing well. The girls loved his solo gig. All was good until he got topless. :laughing:

That was truly funny.:smile: