Fuel 2004 Kubota T1870 not starting

BGream

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, Ok, maybe someone can answer this. I picked up a 2004 Kubota T1870 that had been stored for 2-3 years with 246 hours. It has the Kohler Twin 19 hp engine and has been well taken care of.
I installed new spark plugs, drained the fuel, rebuilt the carb and its only starting up with starting fluid. I’ve checked the fuel pump and its pumping. I cant seem to find any specs on the 1870 but was told by the lawn mower shop to set the jets at 1.5 turns. Is there something else I should check or do to get this guy up and running? Thanks

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
please need more info about the engine...model number, etc.

BGream

Forum Newbie
Threads
bertsmobile1
I wanted to thank you very much for the info. It turned out to be the solenoid. I initially took the carb with me when I went to pickup a rebuild kit 2 weeks ago. I was told by the owner of a major lawn mower dealer/repair shop here in Dallas not to take the solenoid apart that it would break the wires, that a new one was $100 bucks, he also provided me with the wrong carb kit that I had to exchange.
So, I rebuilt the carb, cleaned the jet in the solenoid and it would only fire up under starting fluid.
The information that you steered me to showed how to conduct a test on the solenoid which I did and discovered it wasnt working. I took the solenoid apart, cleaned the piston and that was all it needed. I tested it again and it now works. I installed it and she fired right up amd stayed running. So many people with with the wrong info aboard this planet!
I’m not a mechanic and didn't wont to become a Kubota mechanic, I just wanted to mow. I did have a year of small engine repair about 36 years ago at a vo tech school but was only on B&S and all the knowledge that was learned is now gone.
But, in the end I scored this Kubota T1870 for $300 with 240 hours. It was a barn find and had been stored in the barn when not in use, it looks like it is brand new!!! Thanks again!!!