Toro SWX 5050 Quality?

Bob Es

Threads
While searching for a lawn tractor to replace my lap bar ZTR, I have come across a 1 year old Toro SWX 5050 with 30 hours on it in brand new condition for $2950. People moving out of state. It seems to be a good price? However, I have heard that Toro is not making the steering ZTRs anymore. Is there big problem with them? Is there a reason to stay away from it? Is the Toro warranty transferrable? Would appreciate any advice.

I have been looking at a tractor because I have a 1/2 acre lot with a small hill in one corner that is tough for the lap bar machine and we don’t drive it very well either.. tks. Bob

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The reason Toro is no long selling a steering wheel model of Z-turn is the lack of interest in many parts of the country. We have sold many units and have not had any issues. Yes, the warranty is transferable, if it was registered when it was purchased. A Toro dealer or the Toro company can tell you if and/or when it was registered if you give the model and serial numbers.

Bob Es

Threads
Thanks Rivets... It appears that it compares to the higher cub cadet z-force models..I have seen msrp of $4899, is that accurate or inflated? Tks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry, I can’t say whether the prices on the Cubs are inflated or not. Can tell you that most Cub Z-force unit are built by MTD. NEED I SAY MORE.

Bob Es

Threads
I’m sorry, I wasn’t clear. I was referencing the MSRP on the Toro SWX 5050 says $4899. Just wondering if it is indeed a much better machine than the entry level.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Definitely not an entry level unit. Fab deck, bigger tires, better seat, smart park. One year old unit at $2000 less than MSRP, I’d jump on that unless it had more than 175 hours. Less than 100 hours, it hasn’t been broke in yet.