Mower
    I Don't Own a Mower :(

A landscape and pool combination

Hello,
    When we moved to Vaughan, we demanded a house with an open backyard. So that we can set a beautiful garden and a swimming pool. Now the swimming area is the most attractive place in our house. My kids are interested in swimming. They use to participate in competitions. This is the main reason why we built a pool. But later, it became a place of get-togethers and family talks. We recently replaced out 15x30 oval with a 20' round pool. Along with doing this, we took the upper deck down. So now we have a good amount of dirt around the pool, especially from the area where the old pool was.
    We are planning to rebuild the deck next year to connect a new pool. For the time being, what will be good to put around the pool? The oval pool we had has no border around the pool and grasses was the best option.
    I want to avoid that with this pool. I was thinking of setting a landscape in the yard with small white stones or pebbles around the pool. So the area will be more attractive and refreshing. For that, I have to get a pool and landscape design that suits my yard.
    Has anyone done anything like this? Hope anyone can give me some advice.
    Thanks

Mower
    Dixon ZTR, Kubota H1400, John Deere LX277, Yardman, Honda HR214, several Snappers with Honda engines

Re: A landscape and pool combination

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Rosen View Post
    Hello,
    When we moved to Vaughan, we demanded a house with an open backyard. So that we can set a beautiful garden and a swimming pool. Now the swimming area is the most attractive place in our house. My kids are interested in swimming. They use to participate in competitions. This is the main reason why we built a pool. But later, it became a place of get-togethers and family talks. We recently replaced out 15x30 oval with a 20' round pool. Along with doing this, we took the upper deck down. So now we have a good amount of dirt around the pool, especially from the area where the old pool was.
    We are planning to rebuild the deck next year to connect a new pool. For the time being, what will be good to put around the pool? The oval pool we had has no border around the pool and grasses was the best option.
    I want to avoid that with this pool. I was thinking of setting a landscape in the yard with small white stones or pebbles around the pool. So the area will be more attractive and refreshing. For that, I have to get a pool and landscape design that suits my yard.
    Has anyone done anything like this? Hope anyone can give me some advice.
    Thanks
    The best thing to put around a pool is grandkids.

What about artificial grass?