Kawasaki fr600v battery dies ...

The Rock

Threads
Kawasaki 2ohp would not hold a charge and I replaced the voltage regulator and still dies.. I put a ohm meter on the regulator and it doesnt even read 6 after charging battery. not sure if battery is bad or the stater is bad... Battery looks new, mower is new to me, it worked good for 2 months after i purchased it. Thanks for the Help

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Kawasaki 2ohp would not hold a charge and I replaced the voltage regulator and still dies.. I put a ohm meter on the regulator and it doesnt even read 6 after charging battery. not sure if battery is bad or the stater is bad... Battery looks new, mower is new to me, it worked good for 2 months after i purchased it. Thanks for the Help

Before you chase too many rabbits...
You need to make sure the battery is good.
I was at the battery shop...there was the pallet with batteries to recycle, on top was a new battery...looks can be deceiving.

Take it off and take it and have it load tested.
Then, we go from there.

The Rock

Threads
Before you chase too many rabbits...
You need to make sure the battery is good.
I was at the battery shop...there was the pallet with batteries to recycle, on top was a new battery...looks can be deceiving.

Take it off and take it and have it load tested.
Then, we go from there.

Thank You, It was the battery.. It was putting out 46 cca out of 375 and now it is good so far. I will check charging now with ohm meter Battery was 10 months old.. Thanks again

The Rock

Threads
update,I replaced battery and still not charging the battery . im guessing it is the stater. any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you looked at the manual I posted. It contains instructions on how to test the stator and voltage regulator.

The Rock

Threads
No I did not yet.. I will read it today Thank You....