FX730V

John R

Threads
How much trouble is it to remove the fan shroud on a FX730V engine?
I want to remove it to clean, and remove any grass stuck under there, looks like I need to remove the screen on the fly wheel, the fuel pump, then 6 other bolts and it should lift off.
Am I right here?

Threads
How much trouble is it to remove the fan shroud on a FX730V engine?
I want to remove it to clean, and remove any grass stuck under there, looks like I need to remove the screen on the fly wheel, the fuel pump, then 6 other bolts and it should lift off.
Am I right here?

That you are!!

John R

Threads
Thanks, it turned out to be a piece of cake, clean as new under there, but glad I checked.
Only took about 1/2 hour, start to finish.

Threads
Thanks, it turned out to be a piece of cake, clean as new under there, but glad I checked.

Just a question of curiosity!!!

Your picture- Is that you?? It looks like Red Green from Canada!! Steve Smith is his real name!!

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads

You need to be more careful with your cake eating...that could over heat your engine...and waste a good bite of cake....

That's was a joke....

John R

Threads
Just a question of curiosity!!!

Your picture- Is that you?? It looks like Red Green from Canada!! Steve Smith is his real name!!
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Not me, it is a picture of Red Green, (Steve Smith)

Lawn Addict
Threads
John- I'm sure you noticed that the 6 bolts, do NOT need to be totally removed, just loosened. Due to the shroud holes open on the bottom.

I remove mine every mow season end. It's now like a 15-20 minute deal. But peace of mind = Priceless..

John R

Threads
John- I'm sure you noticed that the 6 bolts, do NOT need to be totally removed, just loosened. Due to the shroud holes open on the bottom.

I remove mine every mow season end. It's now like a 15-20 minute deal. But peace of mind = Priceless..

The bolt holes on mine are not slotted, bolt must be removed.
Maybe next time I have it off I'll see if they can be slotted.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The bolt holes on mine are not slotted, bolt must be removed.
Maybe next time I have it off I'll see if they can be slotted.

next time you have it off, pull the flywheel as well and give the stator a clean.Also clean out the magnetic dust that accumulates around the alternator magnets.
Over time they end up bridging the magnetic fields and thus reducing the output from the alternator.
Check the thightness of the magnets and if any are cracked remove the broken bit which is liable to fall off and total the stator.
Not a every season job but does need to be done every now & then.

John R

Threads
next time you have it off, pull the flywheel as well and give the stator a clean.Also clean out the magnetic dust that accumulates around the alternator magnets.
Over time they end up bridging the magnetic fields and thus reducing the output from the alternator.
Check the thightness of the magnets and if any are cracked remove the broken bit which is liable to fall off and total the stator.
Not a every season job but does need to be done every now & then.

Pulling the flywheel to clean and check sounds like great advice, THANKS!
Will be on the list for next season, this mower is in it's 3rd mowing season, and it only has about 45 hours on the clock.