Tiger Cat/ Kawasaki Engine

John R

Threads
I was cleaning around my engine and was wondering about under the shroud, I have removed the small covers on the shroud and blown out the engine fins they seemed very clean,

Should I go the trouble to remove the whole shroud, or is blowing out the top through the ports good enough?

I know grass build up under there can cause over heating, and head gasket failure, so I like to keep it clean under there

Threads
I was cleaning around my engine and was wondering about under the shroud, I have removed the small covers on the shroud and blown out the engine fins they seemed very clean,
Should I go the trouble to remove the whole shroud, or is blowing out the top through the ports good enough?

For the few extra bolts that it takes, I would. Grass gets caught between the cylinder fins and the shroud down by the cylinder. If you have a liquid cool, whereby the rad is sitting on top of the engine, You will have to determine if it is worth doing it. I do remove all as I do the valves when I have one come in for servicing.

John R

Threads
Thanks
Not sure what I need to remove but I will look it over and see what I need to do to remove the fan shroud, hopefully it's not too big of a job.

It's a FX730V engine