Kohler CV22S vrs CV20S

DixyKnocker

Forum Newbie
Threads
so make the mistake of buying a 400 dollar dixie chopper off some guy it promptly windowed the block on its tired cv22s the next day (no warning plenty of oil just kablewy)

I have a running'ish CV20S that I was gonna swap onto it

my question is whats the differences between the two motors

can I just swap the entire CV20 shortblock over and reuse he CV22's ignition/ flywheel/stator(the flywheel mags/stator on the cv20S is shot)

can I use the CV22 heads on the CV20 and pickup some more power

or do I just write the entire thing off and crush it with the CAT

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The CV18 20 and 22 all used the same block. The difference is is a throtttle limiting screw on the 18 not used on the 20 and the 22 used spark advance ignition.

DixyKnocker

Forum Newbie
Threads
so I can just strip the CV20 down to the short block and bolt the CV22 bits onto it then

thanks thats exactly what I needed to know

junkman108

Threads
What about the crankshafts. i have a engine with 1 1/8 crankshaft. i need a 1" crankshaft. can i switch the crankshafts??

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
May want to double check crank journal diameters to make sure they match, but yes they should interchange.

DixyKnocker

Forum Newbie
Threads
May want to double check crank journal diameters to make sure they match, but yes they should interchange.

ended up buying a crapsment GT2000 with a intek 24hp and bolted that on there

bought a 1'' to 1'' & 1/8 shaft adapter from flywheel supply and bolted right on inplace the kohler no cutting no drilling dropped right on easy as you please

tomarrow is fuel wiring and exhaust then she will be back to mowing may need to turn the gov up a little bit to get the optimal rpm