Mower
    John Deere

My XT1 Enduro Series Tractor starts but will not go forward nor backwards.

My XT1 Enduro Series Tractor starts but will not engage forward nor backwards. The Cub Cadet is only two years old and I only have 45.2 hrs of operation on it. I do have it raised up but I have not idea what to look for. The belts to the deck seems OK. The deck blades do operate. I have a hydrostatic transmission. I am able to push the Cub Cadet easily forward and backwards.

Mower
    Victa slashers & Push , Rover Rancher II's, Cox ( several ) & White LT120 + GT 200

Re: My XT1 Enduro Series Tractor starts but will not go forward nor backwards.

If you can easily push it then the bypass valve is open.
    Twigs can catch the lever and open the valve.
    Refer to you manual about pushing the mower then go check the switch, all the way back to the tranny.

Mower
    John Deere

Thank you for your reply. I did cleaned out any debris build up anywhere I saw it. I started the tractor while it was still raised up and I notice the back wheels had traction. I immediately shut the tractor off, lowered it and I began to mow the lawn. It was working. I came inside the house to update my thread when I came across your reply. I want to thank you, but I don't know where the valve is, in case this happens to me again. Where is the valve located?
    Last edited by skiperkie; 07-21-2018 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Additional question

Mower
    RZ5424

This is a picture of the bypass lever. It is attached on the right side of the rear end. Find the rod attached to it. It will exit the chassis somewhere normally the back. This should all be covered in your manual.
    bypass lever.jpg
    Chuck
    We Do Not Stop Playing When We Grow Old
    We Grow Old If We Stop Playing

Mower
    John Deere

Thank you Chuck. I read about the bypass lever and I did manipulated it back and fourth but the Cub Cadet did not move. Now I know that it was because the valve, which is operated by this lever, was clogged. Thank you. I learned something about my Cub Cadet.

Mower
    Cub Cadet

Quote Originally Posted by skiperkie View Post
    Thank you Chuck. I read about the bypass lever and I did manipulated it back and fourth but the Cub Cadet did not move. Now I know that it was because the valve, which is operated by this lever, was clogged. Thank you. I learned something about my Cub Cadet.
    How did you unclog this valve?