Good morning and new Hustler owner here

JRBTX

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good morning!

Just found this site. I have to admit...I bought a Hustler Raptor SD sight unseen...heh. I was tractor hunting for my first tractor and I made a really tough decision.

I had been wanting a tractor with an A/C in the cab for a lot of years. I never owned a tractor before... only have 2 acres at the house, but we own a ranch in S. Texas that is a little over 330 acres, so I felt it would be helpful in this heat.

Well, I mean the minute I picked up the phone to buy my tractor, I made the decision to downgrade...because someone put an idea in my head..."Hey, why not get a smaller tractor, with no cab, no backhoe...and get a nice zero-turn mower instead...?"

It was about half the price, came with all the bells and whistles....and now, I have a 60" Raptor SD that, I am told, can mow like nobody's business.. heh.

It was the right decision.... half the cost, no a/c...and now, I am really take care of my lawn. This thing is a beast, from the looks of it.. heh

So...I have a question, go figure. I got a canopy for the tractor...and I see pictures of the Raptor with a roll bar and canopy, but I do not see anywhere that sells a roll bar for this thing and a canopy.

Anyone else ever gotten one ordered and where from?

Sorry, not many pictures yet, just unloaded it yesterday ;)

uh oh... been reading the forums and seems this thing can do a lot more than just mow.. heh. Sorry, I am old school.. always used a push mower or the simple ol riding mower.

So.... show me the pictures of all the stuff you do with your Raptors etc? Curious if it aerates or can rake....I need more grass to grow, but wanted to "comb" the ground to make ruts for the grass seed first, maybe get all the dead stuff up.

Russ
IMG_0555.jpgIMG_0554.jpgIMG_0552.jpg

Dunrollin

Forum Newbie
Threads
My lawn would behead any canopy on the first pass! Nice looking mower.

JRBTX

Forum Newbie
Threads
Okay, this is strange, the email notification says it was sent by tractorbynet, which I have an account on. Seems to me, they would be better served to be linked.. eh..

Anyway, yes, my place has a lot less trees heh, but I will be adding more as soon as I am able ;)

Russ

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
A new tractor and a new Zero Turn...
You're living the dream!
have Fun!
Congrats

Mr. Mower

Threads
Cool! :thumbsup:

Where is South Texas (County, town, etc.) is your property located at?

mhavanti

Threads
JRBTX,

You'll love that rascal. Few upgrades / modifications you may want to make to get the best comfort and performance from the machine. Plenty of folks here will help you learn what those are.

My first year RSD60 still looks new and performs better today than new.

Congratulations on the RSD60 purchase. Run it hard and maintain it. It will do you a good job.

Max