Husquvarna parking brake failure

FullTimeDad

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husquvarna YTH1842 lawn tractor that I purchased at Sears May 30. After using it four times the parking brake lever seems to have come loose and no longer works. It feels loose but I can't reach up from underneath to find it.
(The Sears store won't do anything because I didn't purchase their extended warranty.)

Can this be fixed without removing the deck? The tractor has the electrostatic drive and I dont want to mess things up.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Simple fix from where I sit, find your local Husqvarna dealer and have it fixed under warranty. This is another reason why I don’t recommend buying from Big Box stores. They sell but don’t back up their sales. Your unit is under Husqvarna’s warranty, if you sent in the warranty, and even if you didn’t, it’s still covered if you have your sales receipt.

FullTimeDad

Forum Newbie
Threads
The problem with that is the Husquvarna repair shop is 1 1/2 hours from here and i will need to rent a trailer for both up and back trips.
The "Hometown Sears" store here is no help, unless I purchase their service plan.

I figure it is probably easier to x it myself. Just looking for advice how to do it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The parking brake is just a catch that holds the foot brake/ clutch in the on position.There is a little spring which may have broken or fallen off.
As you have the model number go to the Husqvarna web page & download your parts book.
You can not reach under cause the catch is on the top.
You will need to take the battery out to see how it works, very simple.
And of course you will need to be bitten by a vampire so you can hang from the rafters to hook it back together cause that is about the only way to get in there.

FullTimeDad

Forum Newbie
Threads
The parking brake is just a catch that holds the foot brake/ clutch in the on position.There is a little spring which may have broken or fallen off.
As you have the model number go to the Husqvarna web page & download your parts book.
You can not reach under cause the catch is on the top.
You will need to take the battery out to see how it works, very simple.
And of course you will need to be bitten by a vampire so you can hang from the rafters to hook it back together cause that is about the only way to get in there.

Got it! Thanks!
I had to pull the gas tank and it was right there. Just needed a new cotter pin.
I appreciate all the help.Thankyou.