Throttle Linkage Diagram for a Kohler SV610-3213 engine in a Husqvarna YTH21K46 mower

dixiechile

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Throttle Linkage Diagram for a Kohler SV610-3213 engine in a Husqvarna YTH21K46 mower
Just finished putting in a piston and ring kit and got everything to the point the engine will crank but start. discovered the choke linkage is working as it should but the throttle linkage doesn't move when the throttle is brought foward or backward on the dash. Have just one red spring but can figure which holes it needs to go into based on the diagrams in the Kohler Courage SV470-SV620 Service Manual Mutliple diagrams for different max RPM engines. and I have looked all over the internet trying to find the max RPMs for the SV610-3213 engine to no avail. I need specfic diagram and instructions on how to asemble and adjust this carburator. Any help is appreciated

IMG-0776.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Throttle Linkage Diagram for a Kohler SV610-3213 engine in a Husqvarna YTH21K46 mower
Max rpms for courage engines is 3200-3400 rpms as stated in your manual. I would start by putting the spring in hole number 2 on both the governor and throttle levers. I know you said you have a red spring (which is the correct one), and the chart does not list a red spring. You will then adjust the governor sensitivity as instructed at the top of page 5.15. This is a prime example of why we always alert novices to engine disassembly to either take pictures, make drawings or mark where linkages go before taking things apart. You are on the right track, just take your time and you’ll be up and running in no time.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you get the magnifing glass out and have a close look and all the holes, the one that had something in it will have wear marks and if you look a little closer you will see the spring ones are narrow and the shaft ones are quite wide
Or another way to look at it springs cut a groove in the mounting hole and rods make the hole oval.
Even better the slot cut by the spring will point to where the other end went and the pointy end of an ovalled hole points to where the rod went.

dixiechile

Forum Newbie
Threads
Called Kohler and found out the max RPM on this engine is 3200 so the Red spring goes in the E Hole which is the one in the lower left-hand side of the linkage housing.

And no this was not stated in the manual, at least anywhere it could be easily found. and yes the chart does list a Red Spring (see chart on page 73) Current Style Governor Spring Location (bottom diagram) in the 2nd attachemt.View attachment SM_2069001_SV470_SV471_SV480_SV530_SV540_SV541_SV590_SV591_SV600_SV601_SV610_SV620_REVISED_6_14I.pdf

dixiechile

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks that helped a lot.

Now for the next challenge.

I need to know how to correctly adjust the throttle Governor in a Kohler SV610-3213 engine
It's obvious this video I found isn't correct Or I'm misunderstanding the instructions.