Craftsman Gold 6.75 runs for a few minutes and then stalls issue

Mr. T

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman Gold 6.75 runs for a few minutes and then stalls issue
Hello, I new here. I’m having an issue with my 6 year old Craftsman push lawn mower with a 190 cc Briggs & Stratton. It all started about 3 months ago when my mower wouldn’t start anymore. I rebuilt the carburetor, changed the spark plug & air filter and all was fine till last week. It still starts fine, but now dies after a few minutes of mowing. After about 10 minutes it starts again and repeats the process. When it dies, I noticed the carburetor throttle blade is wide open. When it cools down, it closes and re-starts again. I think the issue may have something to do with the auto choke system. What do you guys think?...any suggestions?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you recgonise the difference between stalling rich and stalling lean ?
If so when it stops is it rich = choke or float problem or lean = fuel supply problems ?

Mr. T

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can you recgonise the difference between stalling rich and stalling lean ?
If so when it stops is it rich = choke or float problem or lean = fuel supply problems ?

I’m not sure I understand your question. How do I recognize the difference between stalling rich or lean?

Threads
Mr. T you are having an issue with your choke?? Either your spring is bad or broken...... Binding can be an issue due to trash under the air shroud.......

I made a video a while back that is short but it might help you out..........

Hold a sec .........

Threads
Or you might have a coil that is breaking down when it gets hot..........

Or a bad fuel line that is flapping on the inside of the line...... No way to check that, just replace it......

Or trash getting in the nipple of the tank to the fuel line........

Mr. T

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the video. I still have the spring attached and it seems to be moving freely. I will start by replacing it though. All seems clean under the air shroud.

Mr. T

Forum Newbie
Threads
Or you might have a coil that is breaking down when it gets hot..........

Or a bad fuel line that is flapping on the inside of the line...... No way to check that, just replace it......

Or trash getting in the nipple of the tank to the fuel line........

I bought an ignition coil and replaced it, but it still did the same thing. I took it off and returned it, but they wouldn’t give me a refund. So, I exchanged it for a brand new B&S carburetor. I rebuilt my carburetor earlier this year, but I may just replace it with the new one.

Threads
Ok that leaves the coil out..... Fuel cap or like I said, a bad fuel line...... I seen that tooooo many times.............