STIHL 045AV PROBLEMS

C3KNIGHT

Forum Newbie
Threads
WHAT CONNECTS TO THE CHAIN OIL TANK VENT /VALVE BEHIND THE CARBURETOR HOUSING?

C3KNIGHT

Forum Newbie
Threads
THANKS FOR THE PARTS BREAKDOWN AND DIAGRAMS FOR THE 045AV---BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER FOR THEM!
THE PART NUMBER IS 1118-640-9100 AND IT IS A VALVE THAT GOES INTO THE CRANKCASE OR CHAIN OIL RESERVOIR.
DOES ANYTHING MOUNT TO THE VALVE ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE CRANKCASE BEHIND THE CARBURETOR HOUSING AND WHAT DOES THIS VALVE DO?
WHEN I FILL THE CHAIN OIL RESERVOIR THE OIL LEAKS OUT OF THIS VALVE SO I'VE ORDERED A NEW VALVE IN CASE THE ONE THAT IS IN THE SAW IS DEFECTIVE. THE ORIGIONAL VALVE LOOKS LIKE WHITE PLASTIC AND THE ONE I ORDERED LOOKS TO BE METAL-SHOULD BE HERE TOMORROW.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The fuel tank valve is a 2 way valve to allow air into the tank so the fuel can get out and prevent the tank over pressureising.
The oil tank valve is a one way valve again to allow air in so oil can get out.
Double check by blowing into the hose and checking where the air is coming from.

While it is apart replace the impulse line ( always feel like an extra on Star Treck when I say that ) 1115 141 8600,
They get soft after a lot of use and don't power the pump as well as they should which is one reason why Husqvarna do not fit them.

Stihl are very protective of their IP so don't go putting that parts breakdown all over the web or you will get an unfriendly call from Stihl's legal team.

C3KNIGHT

Forum Newbie
Threads
The fuel tank valve is a 2 way valve to allow air into the tank so the fuel can get out and prevent the tank over pressureising.
The oil tank valve is a one way valve again to allow air in so oil can get out.
Double check by blowing into the hose and checking where the air is coming from.

While it is apart replace the impulse line ( always feel like an extra on Star Treck when I say that ) 1115 141 8600,
They get soft after a lot of use and don't power the pump as well as they should which is one reason why Husqvarna do not fit them.

Stihl are very protective of their IP so don't go putting that parts breakdown all over the web or you will get an unfriendly call from Stihl's legal team.

WHICH HOSE SHOULD I BLOW INTO-THERE IS NO HOSE ATTACHED TO THE OIL TANK VALVE.
THANKS FOR THE INFO.

Last edited:

C3KNIGHT

Forum Newbie
Threads
WHERE CAN I BUY A MUFFLER FOR STIHL 045AV PART 1115 140 0600
EVEN AFTERMARKET WILL DO?