Tire recomendation for Hustler X1i

Carheir

Threads
Have a continual slow leak in one of my front tires, found a piece of thin wire in the sidewall. While trying to get the tire off to patch it, I frigged up the bead (wire showing). So, looking for recommendations for replacements. Dont want solid tires.

mhavanti

Threads
Carheir,

Just purchase a tube, put it in the tire after you've made certain you have removed everything inside the tire that may puncture or abrate the tube. Be careful when airing up the tube inside the tire the tube isn't caught between the bead and the wheel.

My RSD had a defective tire. Flaw in the sidewall that was a slow leak. Would go down over night yet it wouldn't show a single bubble in a tub of soapy water. As slow as that leak was that wouldn't bubble, one would think it would takes days or even a week to go down. Nah Su! Overnight. Had to do it in the dealer's showroom I'd have thought because it was down the next morning after it was delivered.

I was deployed the next day after I purchased the RSD and saw it down. Called the dealer and he said he'd take care of it. I was gone quite a few months before I was home to see about him taking care of it as he said and of course, the dealer then said if I'd brought right back, the factory would have taken care of it. Since I didn't after 7 months, I probably punctured it myself and nothing would be done. I'm pretty sure the manufacturer never knew anything about this and of course, the dealer had no recollection of my calling him the day after I purchased the mower. I reminded him he said he would come get it and replace the tire. To this he replied he would never replace a tire because tires are not under warranty by the manufacturer. I had to say one more thing of course and it isn't what you're thinking. Told him he is the only person that had ever touched the mower, he backed it into the Garaj Mahal even to the point I was speaking to him at that point.

My point to this entire story is, after being pissed for 3 years about the dealer screwing me over. I broke down, purchased a tube, spent twenty minutes fighting the 6 inch wheel. Now I'm a happy camper since I don't have to air up the front tire just to move it to then check for equal pressures side to side.

Get you a tube and let a tire dealer install it. You'll be a lot happier.

Max

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
My RSD had a defective tire. Flaw in the sidewall that was a slow leak. Would go down over night yet it wouldn't show a single bubble in a tub of soapy water. As slow as that leak was that wouldn't bubble, one would think it would takes days or even a week to go down. Nah Su! Overnight. Had to do it in the dealer's showroom I'd have thought because it was down the next morning after it was delivered.

I was deployed the next day after I purchased the RSD and saw it down. Called the dealer and he said he'd take care of it. I was gone quite a few months before I was home to see about him taking care of it as he said and of course, the dealer then said if I'd brought right back, the factory would have taken care of it. Since I didn't after 7 months, I probably punctured it myself and nothing would be done. I'm pretty sure the manufacturer never knew anything about this and of course, the dealer had no recollection of my calling him the day after I purchased the mower. I reminded him he said he would come get it and replace the tire. To this he replied he would never replace a tire because tires are not under warranty by the manufacturer. I had to say one more thing of course and it isn't what you're thinking. Told him he is the only person that had ever touched the mower, he backed it into the Garaj Mahal even to the point I was speaking to him at that point.

My point to this entire story is, after being pissed for 3 years about the dealer screwing me over. I broke down, purchased a tube, spent twenty minutes fighting the 6 inch wheel. Now I'm a happy camper since I don't have to air up the front tire just to move it to then check for equal pressures side to side.

Get you a tube and let a tire dealer install it. You'll be a lot happier.

Max

I am just stubborn enough I would have posted that story in the local paper for his potential customers to read.
I would tell everyone I know...that's for sure.
He would never get another dime of my business.

mhavanti

Threads
Shiftsuper,

That wasn't all that rascal pulled on me either while out serving my country. However, it is all water under the bridge as the factory stepped up to take care of the problems.

The dealership sold out to a new guy that wouldn't touch the mower since he didn't sell it. The manufacturer gave me a choice to use any dealer I wanted to do the warranty make up the original dealer promised and never delivered. By the time the factory saw it, it was all the way up to 31.7 hours, six of which the dealer turned on the key for six hours. Thus, it actually only had 25 hours on it in 3 years. Always deployed, never home. Now after mowing today, it has 40.3 hours in 4 1/2 years.

I chose a dealer about ten times the sales volume the original dealer has. Turns out, worst decision I could have made. They kept it 6 weeks to adjust the valves, adjust the pulling to the left and the outrageously loud hydros. I told the dealer do NOT do any work whatsoever on the machine if there was any charge to me. It was never inside while at their facility while it endured 6 weeks of raining. I got it back with rust areas around every bolt head, scratches and scuffs in many many places. When it went down there, I took a walk around video, not one scratch on the machine, not one tiny bit of rust developing because it had never seen rain or moisture in the 3 1/4 years at that time. Decal was messed up also, punctured a hole in the top of my seat, etc.

So, that's when I decided it is time to begin doing some of the upgrades and modifications intended for the lil RSD. Mowed today and can tell you the seat suspension kit and flex forks are the berries!

Never let a dealer that has female technicians with Bi-Polar Disorder get anywhere near your machine. I've seen ticked off men not do as much damage in 3 years as this lady did in the couple of days she had her hands on it. When I got the machine back from their adjusting the steering, it would run in a circle in 30 feet plus the sticks were off. She was adjusting the brake adjusting springs on the sticks which are not a cause of the steering veering to one side. She was also supposed to adjust the hydros to get the full 7.5 mph. It came back doing 3 tenths less than it did when it went there.

I got it home, jacked it up, adjusted the steering in less than 30 minutes on both sided and regained the .3 and added a tenth. One of these days I'll do a steering adjustment video and see about getting the 7.5 out of it and possibly more. I believe I can get 8 out of it even on the 2800s. We'll see.

I didn't go anything to that dealer either. Didn't see any reason to slap the factory in the face for what their idiot yocals are doing. Factory stood tall. I have it driving fantastically other than I've never taken time to put both sticks where they belong. Again, that will be in the video for those wanting to know "how to".

Run by MaxsGarajMahal at YouTube and check out the current videos. Subscribe to help me out if you don't mind. More videos on the way.

Max

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKGtOepm7R0526XE2HPZUDg?view_as=public

BoylermanCT

Threads
My front tire on my X-One got a hole in it last week, and I took it to my local tire dealer, and they put on a new 13x6.5-6 tire. When I installed it on the mower, the new tire is about 1" narrower than the other one (more clearance between the tire and the fork), even though they are both 13x6.5-6. Not sure why that is. I still have the old tire and may have them put a tube in it.

What is the X-One I? How is it different than a regular X-One?

DK35vince

Threads
What is the X-One I? How is it different than a regular X-One?

I think the X-one I had integrated transmissions and the X-one has the separate pumps and wheel motors.

mhavanti

Threads
Boyler,

Did you measure the height of the new tire, mounted, compared to the original tire still on the mower? If they aren't the exact same height, you'll have crop circles in your fawna.

Max

BoylermanCT

Threads
The tires are the same height, so mowing quality is good. But the new tire looks a little goofy being narrower than the other one. We've had 8 inches of rain over the past two weeks, so I have not had time to mess with the tire, too busy mowing!

mhavanti

Threads
Yeah I wouldn't like the narrower tire. Easier to divit the grass with the narrower tire. But then, if you don't have that problem with the wet fawna, shouldn't be too much of a problem.