Husqvarna Rider Front Wheels Not Aligned

Point37

Threads
i just purchased a new TS348XD and the front wheels are not in alignment...when one wheel is straight the other is cocked inwards...does anyone know how to adjust this?...i really would rather not have to go through the whole ordeal of borrowing a trailer and having to bring it back to the dealer 15 miles away....thanks

found this in the manual...not sure what that means...

"FRONT WHEEL TOE-IN/CAMBER
Your new tractor front wheel toe-in and camber is set at the
factory and is normal. The front wheel toe-in and camber
are not adjustable. If damage has occurred to affect the
factory set front wheel toe-in or camber, contact a qualified
service center"

Last edited:

Point37

Threads
forget it...i figured it out...adjustable drag links

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Firstly,

Thank you for starting a new post.
Secondly the drag links are not adjustable.

There is no adjustment on the tight turn system used on these mowers.
One of the tie rods (drag link to some ) parts 61 & 62 in this diagram has bent http://www.partstree.com/parts/husqvarna/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/2346-xls-96043004500-2008-01/steering-assembly/
On rare occasions the arm on the steering spindle ( part 4 & 5 ) bends
A few options.

Replace the crocked one.
Pull it out and bend it back
Cut one end off , thread the rod & fit a real tie rod end
Cut about 1/2" out of the strait section, thread both ends then use a threaded joiner sleeve and a pair of jamb nuts to adjust the length

Real adjustable tie rod ends are expensive which is why they are no longer fitted to bottom end mowers.

Point37

Threads
Firstly,

Thank you for starting a new post.
Secondly the drag links are not adjustable.

There is no adjustment on the tight turn system used on these mowers.
One of the tie rods (drag link to some ) parts 61 & 62 in this diagram has bent http://www.partstree.com/parts/husqvarna/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/2346-xls-96043004500-2008-01/steering-assembly/
On rare occasions the arm on the steering spindle ( part 4 & 5 ) bends
A few options.

Replace the crocked one.
Pull it out and bend it back
Cut one end off , thread the rod & fit a real tie rod end
Cut about 1/2" out of the strait section, thread both ends then use a threaded joiner sleeve and a pair of jamb nuts to adjust the length

Real adjustable tie rod ends are expensive which is why they are no longer fitted to bottom end mowers.

thanks but these drag links are actually adjustable and it's not really a bottom end mower considering it's at the top of their rider line...although by looking at the diagram below and reading that excerpt from the manual you wouldn't think so...

page 12-13 parts 61 & 62
http://service.webec.husqvarna.net/documents/HUSI/HUSI2018_AAaa/HUSI2018_AAaa_114036927_2018-04.pdf

they look similar to these...
https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-5...31753474&sr=8-3&keywords=adjustable+drag+link

i adjusted each this much...
19F05702-A41B-4F98-955A-95617983B390.jpg
B6C9A911-A822-4EDC-AE89-7F7B8E1164C9.jpg

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know what size your mower's wheels are, but I have found on the larger of my 2 MTD's that some toe in helps my minimum turn radius.
When I turn sharply the outside wheel seems to control the turn and the inside wheel skids a bit.
Hence, toe in will allow the outer wheel to turn more sharply.

That was my last $.02...........now I'm broke........

Point37

Threads
I don't know what size your mower's wheels are, but I have found on the larger of my 2 MTD's that some toe in helps my minimum turn radius.
When I turn sharply the outside wheel seems to control the turn and the inside wheel skids a bit.
Hence, toe in will allow the outer wheel to turn more sharply.

That was my last $.02...........now I'm broke........

thanks...it def does and i realize that's why offroad vehicles are set up that way...but the toe in on this mower seemed excessive so i wanted to adjust it to see how it goes...i can see where the setting was from the factory by the painted threads so i could put it back to oem if i wanted

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
thanks...it def does and i realize that's why offroad vehicles are set up that way...but the toe in on this mower seemed excessive so i wanted to adjust it to see how it goes...i can see where the setting was from the factory by the painted threads so i could put it back to oem if i wanted

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: