Disengage PTO problems with Cub Cadet 1440

Keel777

Forum Newbie
Threads
when I turn key to start mower,red light comes on and says-DISENGAGE PTO....but the pto if off and it wont start.ive never had a problem with this before.When im finished mowing I come to a stop,disengage the PTO as always and turn mower off.maybe I cut mower off too soon while the PTO is winding down,i don't know.Mower I guess thinks PTO is still engaged and wont let me start.any suggestions.First post.Thanks

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
when I turn key to start mower,red light comes on and says-DISENGAGE PTO....but the pto if off and it wont start.ive never had a problem with this before.When im finished mowing I come to a stop,disengage the PTO as always and turn mower off.maybe I cut mower off too soon while the PTO is winding down,i don't know.Mower I guess thinks PTO is still engaged and wont let me start.any suggestions.First post.Thanks

The mower thinks the PTO is still engaged and safety system prevents your mower from starting.

At the bottom of the page are similar questions you can read through to get ideas.

operate your PTO switch several times.