ZTS 7500 will not start

vvkeller

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Sears ZTS 7500 -24BS Model 107.277900. It will not start. I jumped the solenoid with the key turned on and the starter did not spin. I replaced the starter. It still just click. I then replaced the solenoid. That did not fix the issue. I have now replaced the battery and it still just clicks. It wants to turn once in a while. I don't know what to check next? Any ideas?

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Craftsman section.
Someone over there should be able to help.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a Sears ZTS 7500 -24BS Model 107.277900. It will not start. I jumped the solenoid with the key turned on and the starter did not spin. I replaced the starter. It still just click. I then replaced the solenoid. That did not fix the issue. I have now replaced the battery and it still just clicks. It wants to turn once in a while. I don't know what to check next? Any ideas?

The most common reason for this is either a hydro lock caused by the carb float valve not cutting off the fuel which fills up a cylinder,
or
The decompression not working where fitted, usually caused by excessive valve lash.

It would help a lot if you tell us the make & model number of the engine fitted.
Remove the plugs and turn the engine by hand, ignition off.
If you smell or see fuel then you have the carb problem

If it turns over easily and you do not smell or see fuel, replace the plugs.
If it is near impossible to turn the mower 2 full revolutions then you have a decompression problem.

vvkeller

Forum Newbie
Threads
The most common reason for this is either a hydro lock caused by the carb float valve not cutting off the fuel which fills up a cylinder,
or
The decompression not working where fitted, usually caused by excessive valve lash.

It would help a lot if you tell us the make & model number of the engine fitted.
Remove the plugs and turn the engine by hand, ignition off.
If you smell or see fuel then you have the carb problem

If it turns over easily and you do not smell or see fuel, replace the plugs.
If it is near impossible to turn the mower 2 full revolutions then you have a decompression problem.

This is Briggs & Stratton Model: 44M777
Type 0113 E1
Code 070109YG
I hope this helps. I have tried what you suggested yet but I will tomorrow morning.