Hard starting Toro 20668

Threads
This mower is hard to start and I can see that the choke doesn't fully close. I believe throttle/choke adjustment for this is done on the "bracket assembly, part number 493894".

But the bracket assembly on my machine does not match the one shown in parts diagrams. Mine does not have a notch where a flat bladed screwdriver can be inserted at an angle to adjust the throttle/choken cable. This procedure is shown in B&S document 272262-6/93 page 5).

In researching on this site, I believe my bracket assembly has two holes that can be brought into alignment to get the proper setting. I am attaching a picture of this assembly and I hope you can tell from this if I'm on the right track.

toro 20668 throttle-choke bracket assembly.png

I'd be happy to provide more information if necessary.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Set choke/throttle to choke. Loosen screw that holds throttle cable and move it till choke fully closed. Tighten screw. The place for adjustment circled in red.
choke adjustment toro.png

Threads
Thanks BlazNT.

Tried your procedure this afternoon and the mower started on the third pull, a big improvement. And your procedure was very easy to do, didn't have to dismantle anything except for taking off the air filter to better see the choke. Never did get to a point where I could see if those two holes lined up but at this point I don't care.

Thanks again.