Dust in My Face

clipperman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently purchased a Craftsman #37744 walk behind mower. This mower replaces a 40 year old Toro side discharge unit. The Craftsman comes with options for side discharge, mulch, and bag. I set up the side discharge, and left the rear mulch door closed. Unfortunately, the gap formed by the mulch door hinge is enough to permit dust and clippings to be blown in my face, and on to the rear of the engine. The Craftsman deck design seems to be duplicated on different brands of walk behind mowers (probably decks are made in one Chinese factory for all brands). Any other side discharge users here who have the same problem and solved it?

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I recently purchased a Craftsman #37744 walk behind mower. This mower replaces a 40 year old Toro side discharge unit. The Craftsman comes with options for side discharge, mulch, and bag. I set up the side discharge, and left the rear mulch door closed. Unfortunately, the gap formed by the mulch door hinge is enough to permit dust and clippings to be blown in my face, and on to the rear of the engine. The Craftsman deck design seems to be duplicated on different brands of walk behind mowers (probably decks are made in one Chinese factory for all brands). Any other side discharge users here who have the same problem and solved it?

Duct tape
or if you think you won't be using the rear...put silicone on it.