Tires ZT HD 52 Kenda Super Turf tires - pressure

jcc3

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey Guys,

I'm wondering about the tires. Having not quite mastered the 3 point turn, and thus having several lawn scabs, I asked the dealer if lowering the psi would help vs a harder tire as I learn to handle this thing. He said no lower than a hard football pressure which isnt much help - NFL standard pressure or Patriots pressure? Seriously though after letting out 5 seconds worth of air on each tire the gauge reads just about 7 psi (which seems low) but the Kenda website indicates 10 psi as normal - if Im looking at the right tire..

Thoughts?

BWH

Threads
When I had turf tires on a zero turn the recommended air pressure was 8 PSI which was labeled right on the rim. a couple Lbs. either was made a difference. Sometimes I would run them at 7 Lbs. but I would notice that I would wear on the outside fairly quick. The thing I noticed after a couple of seasons was the tires lost their sharp edge and would not preform as well, I always wanted to rotate them from side to side to see if that would make a difference. Never Did.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey Guys,

I'm wondering about the tires. Having not quite mastered the 3 point turn, and thus having several lawn scabs, I asked the dealer if lowering the psi would help vs a harder tire as I learn to handle this thing. He said no lower than a hard football pressure which isnt much help - NFL standard pressure or Patriots pressure? Seriously though after letting out 5 seconds worth of air on each tire the gauge reads just about 7 psi (which seems low) but the Kenda website indicates 10 psi as normal - if Im looking at the right tire..

Thoughts?

Learn the 3 point turn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcYc0Sw0dHc