WIRING HELP PLEASE!

aka rotten

Threads
Help this 85 year old goat with wiring ?.Briggs 15 hp.mod.28n707.2 wires that come from under flywheel,one red other black,where do i hook them too?And what wire would go to carb.selonoid?My old eyes dont see where carb wire comes from on things on internet.Thanks in advance.
Paul

Bear in the Woods

Forum Newbie
Threads
Red Cable is for charging = To battery + or Voltage Regulator
Black Cable is AC = For lamps etc.
Solenoid cable is normally gray and need 12V when mover is turned on.

aka rotten

Threads
DONT HAVE A GREY WIRE ,SO IF I RUN A WIRE TO HOT SIDE OF SWITCH,WOULD THAT BE WORKABLE?THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.PAUL

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Red should be hot wire for charging the battery, Black would be the kill wire from the ignition module. Grey would be hot wire for fuel solenoid which you don't have so I would suspect you don't have a fuel solenoid. You can check if you have the fuel solenoid by looking on the bottom of the carb for a round thing sticking down with a wiring plug attached.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't know if this will be of much help, this is the engine to mower wire harness on MY 17.5 HP Briggs eng. on my mower, the stator (2 wires - Black & Red) got to a connector which you can see in these pics, also is a pic of the solenoid on the bottom of the carb. with it's harness .... the wiring diagram may be helpful, .. hope ya get things to work for ya ...........

46 in. ELECT DIAGRAM.JPG..DSCN2431.jpg..DSCN2464.jpg..DSCN2465.jpg..DSCN2839.jpg

aka rotten

Threads
DONT SEE A GREY WIRE BUT CARB IS BRAND NEW AND WITH SELONOID ON IT.CAN I DO AWAY WITH IT ALL TOGETHER AND JUST PUT BOWL NUT ON IT?WOULD THAT WORK?ASKING A LOT OF ? S I KNOW.BUT MABEE WHEN I GET TO IT TODAY OR TOM. ILL GET IT RIGHT.THANKS FOR PUTTIN UP WITH THIS OLD GUY ?,S.PAUL

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
DONT SEE A GREY WIRE BUT CARB IS BRAND NEW AND WITH SELONOID ON IT.CAN I DO AWAY WITH IT ALL TOGETHER AND JUST PUT BOWL NUT ON IT?WOULD THAT WORK?ASKING A LOT OF ? S I KNOW.BUT MABEE WHEN I GET TO IT TODAY OR TOM. ILL GET IT RIGHT.THANKS FOR PUTTIN UP WITH THIS OLD GUY ?,S.PAUL

Paul it would help immensely if you would post some pics of YOUR wire connectors/ harness.........