New engine for Dixon 361 ZTR..Engine mod# 283707

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Around here we have a NAPA dealer with a machine shop. Super outfit. They could rebuild that I\C engine to new for about half the price of a new engine. Short blocks might be mighty hard to find for that and you do really want that iron sleeved bore these days. Is your motor using oil, or just losing power? Might lap the valves and recover some lost horsepower.

Hal12

Threads
Around here we have a NAPA dealer with a machine shop. Super outfit. They could rebuild that I\C engine to new for about half the price of a new engine. Short blocks might be mighty hard to find for that and you do really want that iron sleeved bore these days. Is your motor using oil, or just losing power? Might lap the valves and recover some lost horsepower.

It isn't using oil or losing power. I think it may be a vapor lock that causes it to seize..up..on rare occasions.
This last time I put too much oil in and when it tried to fire up it threw out oil through the vent
line. After draining the oil to the correct dip stick level, it fired right up but blew out oily smoke for
about a minute,then it ran ok. Because of the seizure and oil expulsion I thought the engine might
be going...I will know more when I mow next...