Mower runs slow, but gets to speed when tipped back

Jansonsynder

Forum Newbie
Threads
So, here's an update. I pulled the carb again. And boy did I clean it good this time!

View attachment 39067

This I think is the main jet. It didn't come out. At least I didn't force it if it is able. Is it? It's plastic. I just shot carb cleaner up it. A lot.

I also mentioned earlier in the thread that the tank was rusted. I did some searching. Folks, if you've never cleaned a rusted tank. check this out! www.doityourself.com/stry/gas-tank-repair-how-to-permanently-remove-rust-from-a-gas-tank

I wish, I wish, I WISH I had taken before and after pictures! I just didn't think my camera would take a shot inside the tank.

Finally, here's the follow-up video I said I'd post www.youtu.be/uoceXcd8l9U

If I have more issues, I'll be back. You two have really helped. You taught me some terminology and some techniques believe it or not!

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20180712_171412.jpg
    20180712_171412.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 3
Threads
Hey Mon Ami ........ It sounds like you have the blade hitting the deck or a rod knocking ..........

Possibly a lot of oil or it got low on oil ..... Hence the smoke...... I read where you got it for free as a curb side pick up... Great price.........

But your engine sounds like it's running tooooo fast..... It won't last long over any RPM's above 3200 to 3600 RPM's

Just a thought..... Did you change the oil ???????

Are your springs in the right place ??? Something is not right with it running tooo fast Mon Ami..

Let us know ............

Threads
Sorry about the name Mon Ami I did read it as Janson so I cut names short to the first knick name I see or think of .........

Plus Tard ~!~!

Jansonsynder

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey Mon Ami ........ It sounds like you have the blade hitting the deck or a rod knocking ..........

Possibly a lot of oil or it got low on oil ..... Hence the smoke...... I read where you got it for free as a curb side pick up... Great price.........

But your engine sounds like it's running tooooo fast..... It won't last long over any RPM's above 3200 to 3600 RPM's

Just a thought..... Did you change the oil ???????

Are your springs in the right place ??? Something is not right with it running tooo fast Mon Ami..

Let us know ............

I agree. I believe there was debris on the deck. But it sounds like a knock as well. I didn't say it before, bit I did actually have to close the choke some! But i t kept creeping back after a few minutes. Springs. Honestly I think that is the one thing I am unsure of. Do you have a quick reference on placement? I changed the oil last week. I'm pretty sure I didn't overfill, but with all the smoke, I wonder.

If it is knocking, this gives me an opportunity to learn more! Thoughts? Also, there is a bagger too! I just have had it off while working on it.

Jansonsynder

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry about the name Mon Ami I did read it as Janson so I cut names short to the first knick name I see or think of .........

Plus Tard ~!~!

LOL It's just Jason.

My handle I created back when the internet was young and yahoo was 1. It is a combination on ALL the ways I received regular post mail with Misspelling of my name. It's worked for years. :wink: