Question on speed

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If they are not plastic wrapped, the do that on a hot day when they are hot to prevent them rusting on your shelf.
Briggs have obviously got another supplier, the ones I have here are all made in Mexico.
Only got one customer who buys them.
Out of interest, try weighing them.
I did have a rep do that once, just used a length of extrusion on a piece of tube.
The cheaper ones from a supplier I no longer use were lighter.
The ones Stens were selling & the ones from my other supplier were all about the same weight as the Briggs branded ones although no 2 were close enough for the balance to sit horizontal

Dadillac

Threads
Did the first oil change today after mowing the yard. Damn that oil was hot. Being not sure how much oil would come out I drained into a measured container. Got exactly two quarts out. The drain system is pretty nice. I have the twist spout. There must have been synthetic oil in there as what came out was extremely thin. Just a bit thicker than water. Oil looked okay. I didn't see any visible metal or solids. So engine health is fine. I will have to remember to change the oil on a cooler engine in the future.

I ordered a deck blade height gauge. When I set up the mower I used a tape measure. Not the easiest thing to use. When that arrives I will check the blades again. I got the gauge that is made by Oregon. Since I like to buy "better" tools I Googled pro gauges. Didn't get any different hits. For those who service mowers for a living what do you use to adjust the deck? If there is a better gauge (providing the pros actually use a gauge) what is it? If plastic is the best there is than oh well I guess what I ordered will have to do. Thanks

Don

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cool, now very hot oil will be thin. And it can burn you good. The oil filter is the place to look for particulates, but you have to cut them open.

That Blade tip measuring gauge will benefit from gluing some weight on the outer most part. Other wise the gauge will just lift off the ground. (you'll see when you get it.)

They do make metal ones, but unless you are gonna start setting up decks regularly, that one from Oregon will do just fine for ya.

Dadillac

Threads
So the deck gauge came today and I checked things out in my garage. Garage floor isn't true to the world but things look pretty good. Maybe when it stops raining here I will check it on my sidewalk. That will be much flatter.

Don

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I cut some blocks of wood on my table saw 2" x 2.5" x 3" and painted them white.
Deck leveling is not rocket science and with the blocks of wood you can see what is happening while you are making the adjustments.
People forget the trick is to do both sides so a 1/6 turn up on one side and a 1/6 turn down on the other works much better.

A lot of folk use foam coffee cups as the blade will put little dents into the foam.

flywindy

Threads
Cutting grass is just like getting a haircut! The difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is about 3 days! Same with grass!

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cutting grass is just like getting a haircut! The difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is about 3 days! Same with grass!

:laughing: :thumbsup: