need a little help with belt tensioner springs

TEXASCOUNTRYBOY59

Forum Newbie
Threads
bought a snapper with the engine removed, replaced the engine with a kohler command 15hp, the issue I have is I did not take the tensioner for the PTO/blade drive, the top belt. where does the spring hook?
picture would be great!!
model is HZS15422KVE snapper yard cruiser z rider 42"

deamer1

Threads
Could you see a Illustrated Parts Breakdown page on the Snapper website? Works for some manufacturers.

Deamer1

TEXASCOUNTRYBOY59

Forum Newbie
Threads
Could you see a Illustrated Parts Breakdown page on the Snapper website? Works for some manufacturers.

Deamer1

the exploded view does not show where the MOUNT end of the spring is located, that is why I asked for help like a picture.

deamer1

Threads
I've experienced similar problems with the exploded parts views also.
Sorry I can't provide a photo for you as I have no snappers. Hang in there, someone will likely provide some information for you.
Deamer1

Hal12

Threads
On my HZS18483BVE, the spring hooks up to the idler pully bracket..there is a place on
the flat of the bracket to hook..a slot..same for the other end...Look for a hole or slot
that is a length away to really pull the spring and kinda perpendicular to the idler pulley
bracket..The location should be where the spring pulls the pulley tight against the belt..not at a shallow
angle...