Towing with a Raptor SD

Kimbo

Threads
Hi,

I'm considering the Raptor SD 48" and I wanted to see if anyone knew the towing limit. I looked on the Raptor website, and in the SD manual, but couldn't find a number .

Thanks

neetan

Threads
Hi,

I'm considering the Raptor SD 48" and I wanted to see if anyone knew the towing limit. I looked on the Raptor website, and in the SD manual, but couldn't find a number .

Thanks

I think your unit is a zt 2200? So if that is the case look on the manufactures site check the weight cap. and subtract your unit and person weight and you may have the amount you can pull. I might add the weight of the gas+oil+engine plus 10% to be safe.

Hope it helps?

Kimbo

Threads
I think your unit is a zt 2200? So if that is the case look on the manufactures site check the weight cap. and subtract your unit and person weight and you may have the amount you can pull. I might add the weight of the gas+oil+engine plus 10% to be safe.

Hope it helps?

It's got the ZT-2800s. Good idea, didn't think of looking at the Hydro specs.

Kimbo

Threads
FYI, Hustler advised it's 300 lbs including the rider

mhavanti

Threads
I've pulled much more than that with my SD60. But then, I didn't contact Hustler, I just hooked up, pushed the sticks forward, off it went. Did the job, put it away. No problems, no worries so far. The SD60 is now 4 years old.

Here is the next to last video I made about a week ago. It will show you the condition it is in. It does pretty much what I ask of it like the old MTD Yardman.

I believe you'll like a Raptor SD48. If you think you can fit a 54" on your property, you'll probably be happier with the larger deck. Further out the deck sticks from the side of the mower frame, better you can wrap the backside of the deck you can back the deck into places you can't drive into. Narrower decks won't allow that.