Low Engine RPMs

ts_hunter

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a backup mower that is a '97 Toro Super recycler. It has the 097772-0318-a2 Briggs and Stratton engine. This model has a manual choke that you engage by pushing the throttle past the fast (rabbit) location. Once started you throttle back to rabbit. When it is on fast it does not run as fast as it should, and when I throttle down the engine speed slows, and when I bring it all the way down it dies.

My 2nd mower is a few years newer and has the governor/throttle that can get bend if you push it in to bushes or shrubs, which is what I thought the issue was, but the 097772-0318-a2 is a different setup. What should I look for next? Are there speed adjustment screws, or is it a governor adjustment issue?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Loosen the cable clamp and move the cable back till when on the choke position the choke is fully engaged but full dissengaged when the throttle lever comes back to the fast running notch.
If the mower does not have an On-Off switch / lever then the throttle cable will make a ground contact at low speeds to kill the engine