Mower deck HRX NeXite Deck Gas Stains

Marmot

Forum Newbie
Threads
I spilled a little gas on my brand new HRX NeXite deck. It left stains that won’t wash off. The area where the gas touched is lighter than the regular gray color. Our gas has no ethanol. Any ideas on how to return the deck to the original appearance?

drmonarch

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had the same problem with my mower. I don't think there is a way to return the deck to the original appearance. The company that provided warranty service for my mower pretty much tore the entire mower apart to replace the deck. When they put gas in it and started the mower it stained the new deck. I finally received a new mower but have not used it. I think it may do the same thing. The warranty service provider did indicate that they have never had this problem with a Nexite deck but I did hear that Honda might be considering a recall. I have included some pictures of my issue below.

MowerDamage01.jpg
MowerDamage02.jpg
MowerDamage03.jpg

Edveder9

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yep I just did the same thing!  second time putting gas in my new mower! Very disappointing. I even immediately washed off with water and still discolored. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
This method has worked for me, MOST of the time, clean the area with a mild soap & water wash, use a spray type detailing liquid, wash again, then use a clay bar (available at auto parts stores) to go over the area, wash again if stain persists, try using a bug/tree sap remover (auto parts store again) re-do the clay bar routine, if satisfied use a sealant protectant afterwards ( I use a product called Rolite Premium Polish & Sealant ( used on ELITE aircraft ) best of luck .... Boo