2006 Dixon Kodiak Commercial ZTR Clutch

tj4ndirish

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all......

Was mowing today and the blades stopped turning. Checked underneath and found a sliver rim broke and bent. Further investigation is that is was part of the pulley from the clutch. Based on what little information I can find, the whole clutch needs replaced. But, here's my problem, I can't get the whole clutch out. Got the lower part out, but the "bell housing" is still on the shaft. I've given it a couple of encouragement whacks and nothing. I've soaked it in WD40 and nothing. Can anyone give me suggestions on how to get the upper half out with out destroying the shaft?

TIA

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First I am assuming you have removed the bolt in the end of the PTO shaft.
Usually they fall off under their own weight.
Badly rusted ones need a healthy application of heat, as in red hot, a process best done engine out
So is the hole in the mower big enough to remove it ?

You can cut it off by spliting it vertical using a thin cut off wheel or even a Dremel.

If you can get some thing between the pulley & the mower like a scissor jack to apply some ( not too much) load on the pulley, put the bolt back in the hole , loose 1 turn then hit it with an air hammer.
When the pulley drops down the 1 turn, apply some more load back off another turn & repeat till it smacks you on the scone.
Again lots of heat won't hurt just be weary of the proximity to the fuel ( boom ) tank.