Honda mower hrx2172hxa too slow. Speed adjustment help please.

MarkR1147

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Honda mower hrx2172hxa too slow. Speed adjustment help please.
I just purchased a Honda mower hrx2172hxa from a friend. Love Hondas and I like this one. My issue is it’s too slow even with the speed control at full speed. There does not seem to be a transmission or belt issue at all. All seems to function well...just slow. I did do a bit of research here and don’t seem to find any help here or on the internet in general on a possible adjustment to speed this mower up. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks! Mark

lbrumbau

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like the cable may have stretched. I was messing with my cruise control earlier this year and found that the two slowest setting the mower wouldn't move it at all. I adjusted the cable at under the cruise control/throttle switch and was able to get the first two speeds working. Now the top two speeds are too fast. It is crazy how fast these mowers are. I have highlighted the cable to adjust.
cruise pic two.jpgcruise pic one.jpg

hjbreese2

Forum Newbie
Threads
There is a short spring which runs parallel to and close to the top of the deck. It has 2 holes drilled in the arm for the governor. You can try moving the spring to the second hole to increase the speed. Hope this helps.