Raptor Stoped, won't recrank

blu1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have aprox 50 hrs on on my Raptor 52 with a Kohler 24 hp. I was cutting after running it for about 5 minutes it stopped.
It will not start back up.
I have fuel. The hour meter is still working. I tried to jump out the deadman on the seat with a wire, no change. Oil level is good. All electrical conections appear tight. Mower is stored indoors, so excessive weathing should not be a factor.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have aprox 50 hrs on on my Raptor 52 with a Kohler 24 hp. I was cutting after running it for about 5 minutes it stopped.
It will not start back up.
I have fuel. The hour meter is still working. I tried to jump out the deadman on the seat with a wire, no change. Oil level is good. All electrical conections appear tight. Mower is stored indoors, so excessive weathing should not be a factor.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

blade solenoid still engaged

does it crank? or do nothing.

mhavanti

Threads
blu,

Raise the seat deck, move the sticks on each side and watch the safety switches at the bottom of the stick pivots. If either of them has moved away from their appointed position the plunger on the switch will be out too far. If this happens, when the sticks are then in the drive position, the switches will then be in the off position. Starter will not be engaged if either stick safety switch is not engaged.

Check the fuse close to the solenoid. Run a test light on both sides to make sure the fuse holder is not defective. Doesn't happen often on a Hustler, however, Scag brand has this often and it 'can' happen on anything.

Keep us informed.

Good luck,

Max

See troubleshooting diagnosis list attached: Starter Motor Does Not Crank.jpg

blu1

Forum Newbie
Threads
blu,
Check the fuse close to the solenoid. Run a test light on both sides to make sure the fuse holder is not defective. Doesn't happen often on a Hustler, however, Scag brand has this often and it 'can' happen on anything.

Keep us informed.
Good luck,
Max

Winner, winner... chicken dinner. I blew the 15 am fuse next to the solenoid.

Now, What would cause the fuse to pop?

mhavanti

Threads
Blu,

With the fuse removed, check with an Ohm meter on the down range side of the fuse holder to see if there is any residual current. If so, time to begin tracing the circuit looking for an abrasion causing a short.

Just be diligent in your search and you'll find it if there are any such abrasion in the wires. Check the ignition switch, starter motor, solenoid for residual current.

Max