craftsman ZTS 6000

cvt89

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have a craftsman ZTS 6000 zero turn mower, 26hp briggs engine, with 52 inch deck. we have chenmged out every swith wit5h a new one. the mkower will start with park brake engaged, when the brake is releasede the engine immediately dies, has anyone ever seen this problem. thanks in advance....

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does the same thing happen if you engage the blades with the park brake on and while sitting on the seat. It related to the seat switch, seat switch wiring, or a relay switch that is bad that is supposed to be triggered by the seat switch.

cvt89

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does the same thing happen if you engage the blades with the park brake on and while sitting on the seat. It related to the seat switch, seat switch wiring, or a relay switch that is bad that is supposed to be triggered by the seat switch.
Yes it has always shut the engine down if you engaged the mower deck while the park brake is set. i had a sears repairman that came by today, it has kind of stumped him. sorry i didn't proof read my thread, i will try and edit it,

mhavanti

Threads
Could be the stick safety switches (one or both) may be incorrectly adjusted. Move the sticks away from the switches and instead of disengaging the sticks, they may be staying engaged. First place I'd check.

cvt89

Forum Newbie
Threads
Could be the stick safety switches (one or both) may be incorrectly adjusted. Move the sticks away from the switches and instead of disengaging the sticks, they may be staying engaged. First place I'd check.
well from what i was told they put all new switches in it still does it. i took it to a guys house he was there at the shop when they worked on it, he says it isnt a switch so we will see. he thinks its in the wiring
we will see

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
well from what i was told they put all new switches in it still does it. i took it to a guys house he was there at the shop when they worked on it, he says it isnt a switch so we will see. he thinks its in the wiring
we will see

MAke yourself a bunch of short jumper leads with male spades on each end.
One at a time bypass all of the switches with the jumpers starting with the seat switch.
If you get to the end and the engine still cuts out then there is a short in the wiring.
Most of the safety wiring is ground wires so a short will not blow a fuse or cause a fire but it makes finding a short really difficult.
I use a test lamp with the clip on the + terminal and go looking for ground where it should not be.
This requires all of the jumpers to be removed and every connector checked for a ground.
It is prudent to pull the blower housing off and remove the kill wires to the coils to prevent accidentially sending 12V down the wire and the block probably needed a clean in any case.

cvt89

Forum Newbie
Threads
MAke yourself a bunch of short jumper leads with male spades on each end.
One at a time bypass all of the switches with the jumpers starting with the seat switch.
If you get to the end and the engine still cuts out then there is a short in the wiring.
Most of the safety wiring is ground wires so a short will not blow a fuse or cause a fire but it makes finding a short really difficult.
I use a test lamp with the clip on the + terminal and go looking for ground where it should not be.
This requires all of the jumpers to be removed and every connector checked for a ground.
It is prudent to pull the blower housing off and remove the kill wires to the coils to prevent accidentially sending 12V down the wire and the block probably needed a clean in any case.

we found the problem, seems that in the plugin in your seat where your seat safety switch is, theres a small plunger in the plugin that feeds power once the engine starts, thanks everyone

mhavanti

Threads
cvt,

Glad you're up and running.

Max