best weed eater for me?

poorengineer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm thinking a battery operated one will be a little lighter without a tank of gas, maybe a little smoother too. Although my dad is a weedkiller monster and has roundup on anything that is to be trimmed......so I like the above poster's idea.

As far as brand, I'm done with big box stores. 3 weedeaters in 5-6 years is just too much and I tear everyone of them apart for 2nd and 3rd chances. I'm hearing Echo and Stihl are the good ones.

Padroo

Threads
The new Lithium Ion weed wackers are great. I bought two from Greenworks and both take the 40V batteries. My wife gave up her corded one and loves it.

Prada

Forum Newbie
Threads
Recently I bought a new weed eater. Before buying I've read many reviews on many websites. My favorite weed eater is Echo GT-225 2 Cycle 21.2cc Curved Shaft Gas Trimmer
I have read reviews from this website-TOP 5 Best Gas Weed Eater For The Money ? Guide & Reviews and bought it from Amazon.

Padroo

Threads
I see more and more of the professional lawn care people on YouTube starting to use battery operated string trimmers. One big advantage of using them is the noise in residential neighborhoods. They still make noise because of the string spinning.

mikehouse

Threads
If I may....before I got my Stihl fs 70,i was using a Black & Decker "brush hog".It's electric,but it worked out.If I had a smaller yard/garden,i'd say it was perfect,but I don't.The Worx GT may also be a viable solution as doues a battery unit.Hope all goes well.

Last edited:

Sophie_95

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Poulan Pro 4 cycle weed eater. I cannot say it's the best weed eater in the world as there are some issues with it after long use but still, it's not so bad, just a usual weed eater. I bought it in Walmart but you can also find it at jonsguide

krlady

Forum Newbie
Threads
My suggestion is definitely yard machine branded lawn mowers. Because you can use it like a small tractor and I don't think it will tire you at all.

Padroo

Threads
If you are thinking of going to battery operated lawn equipment look at the whole line because the batteries are expensive. I have a lot of 40V Greemworks products. I own three chainsaws, a 21 inch mower, three trimmers, hedge shears and two blowers. The mower isn't for everyone but with a couple of batteries I can do all my trimming including ditches on my 5 acre corner lot. I have a newer Honda mower that I have a love hate relationship with. It is an excellent mower, plenty of power, bags well but a real bear to pull backwards and it is HEAVY. The drive system is a disappointment, it uses a slipping belt for a drive system and as the bag gets heavier it slows down and is not good on hills because of that.

Prada

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you're going gas wed eater you could try these Husqvarna 128LD, Makita. If you are going battery powered try CRAFTSMAN V20 Cordless.

Last edited: