fuel pump question

gandalf776

Forum Newbie
Threads
18.5 twin II I/C 42A707 2238E1 made in 1999. my question is about the location of the spring and cup. i am including the picture that i have found online of this setup. in the picture it show then to be located between the diaphragm and the fuel pump body. with the spring against the fuel pump body and the cup to the diaphragm. when i took mine off the spring and cup were between the carb body and the diaphragm, with the spring against the carb body and the cup to the diaphragm. what i notice is that in the body of the carb is a nice circle indent about the size of the spring like it was made to give the spring a place to seat. now i see no place in the fuel pump body for the spring to seat. i bought this mower used and as old as it is i figured someone has worked on it. so are all the pictures wrong or did someone put the spring and cup where they did not belong? ScreenHunter_02 Jul. 06 18.09.jpg

dfbroxy

Threads
If the fuel pump is held on with four screws then spring and cap goes between carb and diapram. If it only has three screws it goes between fuel pump body and diapram.

gandalf776

Forum Newbie
Threads
ok thank you as the picture was the same for both.