I am new here trying to get a answer

sleepy65

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am new to this forum trying repair jd having hard time posting I need help not smart a<><>answers if this the way you do on this forum . I will look some where eise.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you expect a good answer, you've got to ask a good question.

Try explaining:

1. What equipment you are working on (brand, model, year; engine make & model; any other pertinent info),

2. What problem are you having,

3. What you're attempting to do to fix the problem.

That will go a long ways toward getting a good answer. There may be other questions that you'll have to answer, but the three above will probably get the ball rolling.

DK35vince

Threads
I am new to this forum trying repair jd having hard time posting I need help not smart a<><>answers if this the way you do on this forum . I will look some where eise.
WOW.
Starting a post asking for help like that. I doubt I would answer if I did know what was wrong.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m an old fart on this forum and we only give smart $&#@ replies to those who don’t know how to ask intelligent questions or those that think they know more than the service people who try to help them. It’s your choice as to whether you want help or not, we can’t answer that question.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hold on there fellas, this all started when I "UN-LOADED" on this fella for posting the same question, 3 times within 3 minutes about his tranny issue, ( check his profile page )

https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/show...-trans-Problem?p=302744&viewfull=1#post302744

I got pissed off, because to ME... he was seeking an immediate answer, and he wanted an answer NOW.. RIGHT NOW !!..... as if we magically, touch a button on a puter and the answer magically appears, I know there are many members that retain a vast amount of knowledge related to mowers (and many other things) they've encountered through their years and can roll certain answers off their tongues as easy as breathing, some of us less capable of that ability, myself included, do have to resort to researching the information being sought, I KNOW many times I am too forward with folks, and am hasty to voice a condescending remark, I do get really irked when some of the questions we are asked, can easily be found by the poster who may be too lazy to do some "leg-work" for themselves, they know how to reach the forum, so why not research a bit on their own..?? I think I picked up that frame of mind during my days in the service. BUT.. that's Boobala, and I offer NO apology, call and think of me as you care to, that's YOUR prerogative.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hold on there fellas, this all started when I "UN-LOADED" on this fella for posting the same question, 3 times within 3 minutes about his tranny issue, ( check his profile page )

https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/show...-trans-Problem?p=302744&viewfull=1#post302744

I got pissed off, because to ME... he was seeking an immediate answer, and he wanted an answer NOW.. RIGHT NOW !!..... as if we magically, touch a button on a puter and the answer magically appears, I know there are many members that retain a vast amount of knowledge related to mowers (and many other things) they've encountered through their years and can roll certain answers off their tongues as easy as breathing, some of us less capable of that ability, myself included, do have to resort to researching the information being sought, I KNOW many times I am too forward with folks, and am hasty to voice a condescending remark, I do get really irked when some of the questions we are asked, can easily be found by the poster who may be too lazy to do some "leg-work" for themselves, they know how to reach the forum, so why not research a bit on their own..?? I think I picked up that frame of mind during my days in the service. BUT.. that's Boobala, and I offer NO apology, call and think of me as you care to, that's YOUR prerogative.

Actually Boo the first post was in the Tecumseh section and the second post was in the JD section so most likely you got it wrong & the double post was because it was in the wrong section.
I do hope the US teaches it's service men to look first & shoot second.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As for Sleepys original post
Will a k46c hydro interchange with a k51 if not what it hydro will interchange on a lt160 jd

He obviously has an LT 160 with a duff tras he is trying to get back up and running.

So the best I can offer to help is.

All trannies have the same mounting centres so ultimately any tranny can be swapped .
Weather the actual one in question will drop in with no problems that will depend upon the actual serial number of the transmission.
If it came from a JD tractor then it should go directly in as a strait swap.
Like engines, the tranny makers supply the base model ie K 51 K46 etc modified to suit the purchaser.
So JD for example like to run an inboard brake which is on the LHS so a tranny from a Toro or Troy bilt will fit but require a crossover of some sort to connect the brake.

The information you seek is not generally available so I for one seek help from the tranny makers and they have always been very forth coming.
However they will need the full serial number from both the dead box & the one you are trying to replace it with.

Other than that shops that specialize in transmissions like Mulligans list "upgrade" kits so you can go there and check to see what upgrades they suggest for your mower.

If you are buying a used box of the web ask the seller if the machine it came from had the brake pedal on the left ( should fit ) or right ( will require some mods to fit )
Then you need to check the method of wheel fixing and the length of the axels.