DR TRIMMER going back

chainsaw69

Threads
i didn't join this site to rant about my new weedeater. i actually joined because i just bought a new kubota mower, and then this issue came up.
i got in 2 weeks ago a new DR Pro-XL Self Propelled trimmer. soon as it was gassed and oiled up i started engine and it took off across the yard w/out me pulling on the Wheel Drive Engage bar. only way to stop it was to kill the engine. so i adjusted the linkage cable to where it only moved when the bar was pulled. lasted 5 minutes and bar was loose w/no response and machine wouldn't go anywhere. called DR and they said no problem belt just came off put it back on. pulled covers off and belt was shredded. called em back and girl said what do you want us to do about it? SEND ME A NEW BELT! belt came, put it on, lasted about 30 minutes, it shredded. called DR. they said we will send you another belt, and we want you to modify the belt guide system. WHAT?? i don't work for DR. i'm mid 60s /w bad back and have had enough of sitting on a concrete floor hunched over this thing. had it been tested for 5 seconds at the factory before being shipped, the problem would off been evident when it took off all on its own. told DR to send me a new box i'm sending it back for a refund. they refuse, said they don't have boxes to send. really? well i got it in one. has to go back in original box or got to a big box store and get one. i live in the country an hour away from anything! so its back in its original cut open box wrapped up in a full roll of duct tape. this is the 3rd DR trimmer, first self propelled one, and it will be my last.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I think you will find "EvaGibbs" is either a spammer or web bot so you could ignore the gibberish.
make a phone call to your local consumer advocate.
Even in the USA where waranties are measured in minutes a company still is obliged to provide a product that is in a servicable condition.
Google "consumer reviews" you will find quite a few of them.
Join all of them and dispassionately describe all your problems & the response from the company.
Keep it factual beause you do live in the most litigios county on the planet ( we are quickly catching up ).