Re-powering Scag with Kawasaki FD851D...replacing FD750D wiring question

xman4227

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Re-powering Scag with Kawasaki FD851D...replacing FD750D wiring question
Hi,

I'm replacing my old FD750D engine on my Turf Tiger with a new FD851D engine and the wiring plugs are completely different. The new one has a seat switch and two map switches etc. Has anyone done a similar replacement and had to figure out how to match the old harness on the scag to the new one on the FD851D? Anyone done this successfully? Right now I have it sending fuel from the fuel pump, Its energizing the coils but no spark is getting to the plugs so its not firing when it turns over. Plus even though I know the fuel pump is sending fuel.....I'm not getting any out of the fuel return line off the injector rail. Any ideas?

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,
Mike

johnnyhoppis

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Re-powering Scag with Kawasaki FD851D...replacing FD750D wiring question
Hi,

I'm replacing my old FD750D engine on my Turf Tiger with a new FD851D engine and the wiring plugs are completely different. The new one has a seat switch and two map switches etc. Has anyone done a similar replacement and had to figure out how to match the old harness on the scag to the new one on the FD851D? Anyone done this successfully? Right now I have it sending fuel from the fuel pump, Its energizing the coils but no spark is getting to the plugs so its not firing when it turns over. Plus even though I know the fuel pump is sending fuel.....I'm not getting any out of the fuel return line off the injector rail. Any ideas?

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,
Mike

mike i am in the same process trying to wire the plug from a six pin to a ten pin any help with a diagram would be greatly appreciated replacing a fd750d with a fd851d please help.