Wood splitter motor not running properly.

yellowdog5

Forum Newbie
Threads
The problem started when one of the bolts mounting the carburetor assembly came loose from the engine. I replaced the bolt, and tightened everything up I could find that was loose, but it still wouldn't run to full capacity. I have now replaced the air filter, the governor spring, the gasket between the air filter and the carburetor, the fuel line and the spark plug. It usually won't prime, I have to do that manually, and when I do get it running it surges (fluctuates). Even when warmed up it needs to be manually primed. Any suggestions? It's a 6 1/2 horse quantum edge (123K02-0132-E1)

Last edited:

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
The problem started when one of the bolts mounting the carburetor assembly came loose from the engine. I replaced the bolt, and tightened everything up I could find that was loose, but it still wouldn't run to full capacity. I have now replaced the air filter, the governor spring, the gasket between the air filter and the carburetor, the fuel line and the spark plug. It usually won't prime, I have to do that manually, and when I do get it running it surges (fluctuates). Even when warmed up it needs to be manually primed. Any suggestions? It's a 6 1/2 horse quantum edge (123K02-0132-E1)

When it comes to engines that are probably not run very often....
I suspect old fuel and gummy/dirty carburetor.

yellowdog5

Forum Newbie
Threads
When it comes to engines that are probably not run very often....
I suspect old fuel and gummy/dirty carburetor.
We did drain the fuel for the winter, and it ran really well until it fell apart. I did spray the carburetor down, but not with the motor running. Should I spray carburetor cleaner in there with the motor running?