tecumseh lv195ea

wbs

Forum Newbie
Threads
Tecumseh lv195ea has low compression and will not start. What is the clearance for the valves ? Any suggestions on what else I can do to increase the compression ?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I doubt very much that the valve clearance is your problem. What have you done to the unit so far, to try and rem day the problem? Those engines are know around here for the swelling of the float seat, causing a lean mixture. Give us a little better picture of what you have tried and when you post back, include the spec number for the engine.

wbs

Forum Newbie
Threads
I doubt very much that the valve clearance is your problem. What have you done to the unit so far, to try and rem day the problem? Those engines are know around here for the swelling of the float seat, causing a lean mixture. Give us a little better picture of what you have tried and when you post back, include the spec number for the engine.

The spec number is 362056C. I have cleaned the carb and it has good spark re lapped the valves but not sure what the valve clearance should be, installed new head gasket (cylinder walls have some scoring but don't appear to be to bad). Compression test only reads about 25 psi. Is the low compression because of the compression relief spring?